The Good Shepherd Anglican Church is a low and evangelical Anglican church in the Diocese of North Queensland, Australia. We are convinced that Jesus is who he claimed to be—the unique Son of God—and that he alone has the right to our ultimate allegiance our whole lives. Our conviction is based on the historical claims made in the eye-witness documents of the New Testament, especially the claim that Jesus rose from the dead. Therefore, at the heart of what we do and who we are is Jesus.
Also because the whole Bible is God’s Word, it is therefore the foundation of all we believe:
- That God is the creator of heaven and earth.
- His son, Jesus Christ, is the only way to know Him.
- It is only through trusting in Jesus’ death and resurrection are we able to find forgiveness for our sin and rebellion and be saved from the judgment (hell) we deserve.
- It is through Jesus alone that our relationship with God is restored (forgiven), we are given eternal life, and enabled to live the way God intended us to live, in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our Core Values
We value living, growing relationships with Jesus. (Hebrews 12:1-3, Ephesians 4:22-24)
We value authoritative Bible teaching and preaching in Sunday church, in Home Groups (bible study groups) and other contexts—for the Bible alone is God’s inspired, infallible word to us. (2 Timothy 3:16, Luke 24:27, Galatians 1:8, Ephesians 1:10)
We look to undergird all that we do by expressing our humble dependence on God in prayer. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
We value living out our Christian commitment in loving relationships with those around us. (John 13, Romans 13:8)
In acknowledging these things, we see them as demanding an outward focus in all that we do. (1 Peter 2:9, Acts 17:22-32, 1 Peter 3:15, Luke 18:1-8).
- Scripture alone: The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Faith alone: We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Grace alone: We are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Christ alone: Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Saviour, and King.
- To the glory of God alone: We live for the glory of God alone through Jesus.